Rabu, 30 Maret 2016

A Bench For Me A Bench For You


It’s not quite that time of year again, but Marc’s pre-planning (a good thing with the coming little Spagnolo) his 2012 winter Guild Build already.This year he’s planning to help with your physical as well as educational woodworking fundamentals. That’s right . . .  we’re building a bench!
The Worlds Greatest Workbench.
I was working on a bench myself when I stopped to participate in this year’s Winter Guild Build: The Wall Hanging Cabinet.
Workbenchs have been a favorite topic of mine since first hearing Dave Noftz discuss them on his (sorely missed) Modern Woodshop. As Im sure is true for many of you also, its high time I got off my butt and built a proper bench. The support, encouragement and friendly rivalry of the guild is just what I need to get back to the bench. You should too.
My Timberstrand Bench Slab Experiment.
If youre bench obsessed like I am, heres a partial list of links worth checking out:Schwartz’s Rules for WorkbenchesMy cross postsChris cross postsMarc’s build or buy postKari’s joinery benchShannon’s joinery benchMorton’s Sourcing the LumberMy bench build postsHeres a blatant re-post of the video I took of Chris Schwarz discussing his Petite Roubo: